FRCA is an alliance of freight rail shippers impacted by continued unrestrained freight rail market dominance over rail-dependent shippers.
FRCA seeks changes in Federal law and policy that will provide all freight rail shippers with reliable freight rail service at competitive prices.
Our Goals and Objectives
FRCA supports strengthening the ability of the Surface Transportation Board (STB) to provide effective economic oversight of railroads so that freight rail service is competitive, as intended by the U.S. Congress in the Staggers Rail Act of 1980. To achieve this, FRCA supports:
- Implementation of the Surface Transportation Board Reauthorization Act of 2015, P.L. 114-110; the first authorization of the STB, since 1998.
- Annual Federal appropriations that allow the STB to meet current statutory responsibilities, probable enhanced functions, and all data management and reporting requirements.
- Removing antitrust exemptions that shield freight railroads from the rules of fair competition that govern almost all other U.S. industries, including all other modes of transportation.
Who Our Members Are
An umbrella membership organization, FRCA members include large trade associations representing more than 3,500 manufacturing and agriculture companies, electric utilities, and alternative fuel companies and their customers. Its membership base is expanding to include other industries and commodities.
How We Work With Our Members
FRCA aligns “inside the Beltway” and “grassroots” efforts to provide:
- A Strong Message to Congress
FRCA develops messaging that resonates with policy makers. These messages are delivered in many ways, including meetings with Members of Congress and their staff, testimony before key congressional committees, supportive documents, and other communications to the Hill.
- Agency Interface
FRCA participates in pending matters before the Surface Transportation Board and engages other Federal agencies such as the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Timely Analysis of Significant Events
FRCA provides timely updates to all of its members on events impacting the U.S. Congressional debate and Federal agency decision-making affecting its members.
- Legislative Strategy Sessions
While Congress is in session, FRCA convenes regular legislative strategy sessions for its members so they can maximize the effectiveness of their lobbying activities.
- Unlimited Access to FRCA Analysis and Documents
FRCA produces insightful, timely and accurate information regarding legislative efforts to address the concerns of rail-dependent shippers.
- A Voice in Setting Policy
FRCA actively engages its members when deliberating the alliance’s positions, goals and strategies. All FRCA members have the ability to influence the activities that the alliance undertakes and the positions that FRCA advocates.
How to Join FRCA
For more information, please contact:
Freight Rail Customer Alliance
300 New Jersey Avenue, NW, Suite 900
Washington, DC 20001